Monday, November 5, 2007

Animation

The animation project was fun but I felt that it didn’t really focus on photography. It was difficult for me to concentrate on an individual photograph when I had to be continuously taking photographs. I wanted to move the camera around to make the animation more interesting and focus on the framing of each shot, but that was difficult to do. After looking at all 600 or so photos together in the animation, I realized that all my zooming in and out and moving around led to a very crazy and chaotic movie. However, the result was okay because the hectic movement worked well with the band practice animation. After realizing the need to keep the camera still or move it very very slowly, I tried to keep the camera fairly still for the “Kitchen Counter Chaos” animation in order for the animation to focus more on the characters’ actions than on the camera’s movements. However, I wasn’t all that successful in keeping the camera still because I got too caught up in moving the camera to follow and zoom in on the action. Although imovie was a little frustrating to use, I much preferred it to having to deal with the printers and matting. Althouth I prefer normal photography to animation, I’m glad that we had this assignment and I’d like to make more animations. There is a lot for me to learn about creating animations.

No comments:

Post a Comment