Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Response to Lies Assignment

I liked the lies assignment in that it gave us lots of flexibility in choosing what to create but at the same time forced us to learn a little more about Photoshop. The looseness of this assignment made the critiques even more interesting and exciting than usual because the projects were all so different and it was fun trying to find the lies in some of the more subtle projects.

Although I disliked having to matte prints for the color assignment, I liked that everyone had to matte or prepare their photos for display in some way for this project. Having to consider presentation added to the photos for this project much more than it did for the color assignment. As far as my presentation is concerned, maybe I should have better researched 1950s/1960s photographs and displayed my photos differently than I did.

Two weeks sometimes seems a little short for assignments, especially if one wants to experiment with a few thoughts before deciding on a final idea. I wish that I had more time to take photos for this project. I had not intended my photos to be of Bowdoin in a previous era, as some thought, but rather I wanted each photograph to appear as if it was taken 50 years before it actually was. If I had shot more, I would have had a wider variety of photographs and perhaps my idea would have been clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment