Friday, September 14, 2007

Response to Looking Down Assignment

At first I didn’t enjoy taking photographs for the looking down assignment, but after I thought about it and took a bunch photos I was able to look for shapes and colors that caught my eye and began to appreciate the project a little more. I didn’t like being so constrained in what I could photograph. The photos I took were all pretty flat and didn’t have much depth. I wasn’t that successful with this project because I feel like I took simple representational photos of objects that interested me, such as the butterfly and slug, rather than taking interesting and creative photos. Also, I had trouble finding things on the ground that really made we want to take a picture. It was hard for me to find 40 photos that I really wanted to take.
Geotagging all the photos was my favorite part of the project. But that could have been done with taking photos from any perspective, not just looking down. It was nice to see everyone’s images together and compare how different people approached similar objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment