Monday, September 10, 2007

Color

I disagree with Andrew Maclean’s comment that “the world is in color, you have to work at black and white.” For me, color photography is much more difficult than black and white. With black and white, I only have to think about composition, contrast, lighting, and content. The addition of color complicates the task of taking a photo in a way that I dislike. I like the simplicity of black and white photography, and feel that color takes away from the simplicity that I enjoy. My favorite photographs that I have taken so far for this class are the ones where the colors aren’t bright or busy – the ones with only a few colors and the ones with solid blocks of color. Maybe my dislike of color is because I am more accustomed to black and white. Hopefully, as the semester progresses I will learn to appreciate taking color photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment