Thursday, September 27, 2007

Response to Color Assignment

I really liked this assignment, particularly because I got to learn how to develop color slides and create scanograms. It's nice how this project didn't just involve photoshop and a digital camera.... it didn't even involve a digital camera... because it was interesting to see that many different technologies can be combined to create digital photographs. The process of developing color slides was exciting because I had only developed black and white negatives in the past.

I feel like I could have been more creative in combining the colors of the scanogram with the colors of the photograph in each diptych. I knew that I wanted to create simple images, but by doing that I feel like I gave up the ability to really play with the scanner and create diptychs with subtle interactions between the shapes and objects. The object and color connections in each of my diptychs are quite obvious, maybe too obvious. I liked the idea of scanning and photographing the same object, but by focusing so much on the objects, I didn't play with color as much as I could have. In the one diptych where each image was a different object, the pickles and blueberry, I didn't play with finding colors that went well together because I used objects that were practically the same color. If I were too do this assignment again, I would make more abstract and creative images. I would like to continue working with scanograms.

No comments:

Post a Comment